2014 South Jersey High School Football Power Rankings: Week 1
With the 2014 High School Football season about to kick into high gear, 97.3 ESPN is unveiling its 2014 South Jersey Power Rankings.
So, without any further ado:
3) Cherokee: The defending South Jersey Group V champions were, by most accounts, South Jersey's top high school football team last year.
4) St. Augustine: The Hermits are ranked 22 in the state's top 25, but start their season at St. Joe, which might be their toughest game of the season.
5) Shawnee: The defending South Jersey Group IV champions should continue to be solid, but did struggle in a pair of August scrimmages against St. Joe and Absegami.
7) Holy Spirit: Last year's Non-Public Group 2 runners-up struggled to hang with Pennsylvania's Malvern Prep, but should remain a force in South Jersey.
8) Barnegat: The Bengals nearly took home the South Jersey Group III title last year. They'll look to build off of last year's success.
10) Millville: The Thunderbolts have been on the cusp of being a great team for years now and could finally break through this season.
Others receiving consideration: Camden, Toms River South, Bridgeton, Eastern, Paul VI