97.3 ESPN Wants to Help “Restore the Shore”
The road to restoring the Jersey Shore is likely to be a long and arduous one. But it will get done with help from the entire community. 97.3 ESPN is committed to being part of the effort to ‘Restore the Shore’, and you can be to. Keep reading to find out how you can help.
If you know of, or are staging, a relief effort of some sort to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy, let us know about it on The Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Whether it be a clothing or food drive, beef and beer, or however your community is planning to help ‘Restore the Shore’, we’ve like to hear about it in the comment box below.
You can also email the details of your event to Mike@973espn.com and Mike and Todd will read it live on-air.
Here are some of the places you can go to help "Restore the Shore"
- The NJ Vineland veterans memorial home is taking all donations to ship to the shore in cooperation with "restore the shore"
- RESTAURANTS FOR RELIEF- A benefit for Hurricane Sandy victims at Charlies Bar and Gregory's Bar in Somers Point. Saturday, November 24 from 12:00pm until 5:00pm. Donations of food and clothing are encouraged. Proceeds from this event to be shared by the American Red Cross and the Community Food Bank of New Jersey.
- PAY IT FORWARD NJ SANDY BENEFIT - Friday, November 16, 6:00pm at Wildwood Golf & Country Club. 100% OF EVERY DOLLAR THAT COMES IN WILL BE DONATED TO VICTIMS IN OUR AREA OF HURRICANE SANDY! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL (609)-425-5555... YOU MUST RSVP.
- The Mothers' Club of Absecon and Galloway with Fro Me a Party (formally Bounce U) is holding a three night OPEN BOUNCE EVENT!! Bounce for Sandy Relief
Tues, Wed, Thurs -Nov 13, 14, 15 from 3-7pm At Fro Me a Party 750 W. Delilah Rd. in Pleasantville the cost is $10 per child.
- VFW 1963 off JFK Blvd. in Sea Isle City (at the base of the Sea Isle Bridge); donations accepted daily between 10a-1op thru Thanksgiving. Dropoff for non-perishable food items and clothing.
- Tuckerton Elementary School has its doors open from 8-12 daily to help those affected by hurricane Sandy. They have clothing, baby stuff, toys, food, toiletries, household items, and the list goes on and on. MANY people have donated items. They are located at 213 Marine St. in Tuckerton, NJ.
Re-do AC benefit show @ Le Grand Fromage, November 16 at 4:00pm until November 18 at 11:45pm. 3 day music event at Le Grand Fromage Nov. 16-18 to benefit the Brigantine mammal stranding center and the Ocean City repertory
theater, both non-profit organizations who received damage from
hurricane sandy recently.