Chris Wheeler on Detractors: ‘They Can Go Hate Someone Else’
Miss the Sports Bash or do you just want to listen to it again?
The Sports Bash ON DEMAND gives you the chance to go back and hear what you missed. Its the Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Here is today’s show: Wednesday, February 26th 2014
Sportsbash Stock Exchange
Recently fired broadcaster Chris Wheeler joined Mike Gill today to talk about what transpired at the end of last season and what he expects to be doing with all his free time this summer. It's the first time in 37 years that Wheeler will not be on the telecast with the team. Wheeler provides some great insight on all the criticism hes taken over the years and what his detractors can do now that he's gone.
Some Eagles news came down the wire today: 1. The team extended LT Jason Peters to a contract extension and expect him to retire an Eagle. 2. Jason Kelce is reportedly the next in line for an extension. 3. Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin are both expected to return to the team next season. Mosher breaks down all this and more in this interview. Follow Mosh on Twitter.
1. As we await the Riley Cooper deal, how many years and dollars will you be ok with?
2. Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt will join the Phillies broadcast booth for all 13 Sunday home games… Are you excited to hear Michael Jack Schmidt on the mic?
3. Millville native Mike Trout signed a one-year deal worth $1 million with the Angels, which is the largest pre-arbitration contract ever for a player – surpassing Ryan Howard and Albert Pujols who each got 900K. Does that make him a near lock to stay with the Angels?
4. Today is “For Pete’s Sake Day”… Will you do anything special for OUR Pete’s sake?
5. Today is also National Personal Chef’s Day… If you had a personal chef for a day, what would the menu be?