Eagles vs Patriots by the Numbers
The Philadelphia Eagles will face their second AFC East opponentof the season when they take on the New England Patriots at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday at 4:15 pm (on 97.3 ESPN and 1450).
Philadelphia and New England have only met 11 times previously, and the Birdslead the series 6-5, including a 5-1 mark at home against thePats. The two teams also played each other in Super Bowl XXXIX.CB Asante Samuel will face his former team for the first time. Intheir last time out, the Eagles defeated the Giants 17-10 at Met Life Stadium on Sunday Night Football.
• Andy Reid (132-88-1) and Bill Belichick (184-103) are two of just 11 coaches in NFL history to win 60%-or-more of 200+ games. Reid is the 4th longest tenured coach in pro sports,while Belichick is 6th.
• This week’s game is a rematch of the Eagles-Patriots SuperBowl 39 match-up in Jacksonville in 2004. The Eagles have justone player on their current roster who played in that game - former Patriots CB Asante Samuel (@Thepresidentcb). Eagles C Jamaal Jackson (@CenterStage67) was on Injured Reserve
• Since joining the league as 4th round pick of New England in2003, Samuel leads the NFL with 9 INTs returned for a TD (incl.playoffs) and ranks 2nd to Ed Reed in INTs with 44 Pick Six.
• LeSean McCoy (@CutonDime25) is 493 rushing yards away from Wilbert Montgomery’s team record of 1,512 (1979). His 12 total touchdowns this season are six shy of Steve Van Buren’s franchise record of 18 set in 1945
• McCoy leads the NFL in rushing yards (1019), total TDs (12) andfirst downs (72). His rushing total is the most ever by an Eagle after 10 games.
• The Eagles and Saints are the only two NFL teams that possessfive players with 30+ receptions in 2011.
• DeSean Jackson (@DeSeanJackson10) needs just 150 receiving yards to pass Mike Quick (3,864) for most yards by an Eagle in his first 4 seasons
(From Eagles game notes)