Fresh Salad Idea for the Summer
Did you know Jersey Fresh produce is harvested on a local farm the day before it’s available for you to purchase at ShopRite? Because the produce is picked at it’s peak of flavor and freshness, more of the very important vitamins and minerals are retained. Pick up your favorite delicious and very nutritious Jersey Fresh produce today and try some of these tasty recipes.
- Make a veggie packed salad
- Throw some blueberries on your yogurt, oatmeal, or cereal
- Toss 1 cup of diced tomatoes with ¼ cup mozzarella or feta cubes, 1 teaspoon fresh basil, and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sauté 1 pound of green beans with 1 teaspoon olive oil, the zest of 1 lemon, and 2 tablespoons of garlic over medium-high heat until tender -- Try this recipe with other veggies, such as asparagus, broccoli, carrots, spinach, kale, and zucchini
- Assemble colorful skewers by fastening melon balls, mozzarella, and cucumber with toothpicks
For more FREE Jersey Fresh ideas please contact Cierra Robbins, the in-store Dietitian of Somers Point ShopRite.