Meet The Dental Expert: Dr. Stephen J. Markus
Dr. Markus and his associates have raised over $100,000 for various charities in the past 4 years by whitening people’s smiles. Pink Ribbon Smiles is a new campaign, which, if successful on a local level, will branch out to become larger in future years. Dr. Markus was one of the first, if not the first cosmetic dentists in New Jersey. He recently earned fellowship in the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics.
His practice is focused on esthetics and advanced restorative dentistry. Comfort is of the essence, and you will be pampered in his office which is also a gallery of artwork he has created. “I am very proud of the smiles I have created, this is my favorite hobby.” He has a portrait studio in his office, and the walls are decorated with smiling faces of many grateful patients. There are also several award winning landscape photographs he has taken, and many pieces of stained glass he creates during the winter when he cannot play golf.
Dr. Markus is a member of the International Association of Mercury-Free Dentists and the International Academy of Oral Medical Toxicology (IAOMT).
Also, Dr. Markus is the developer of The Edge Crown and The Edge Veneer.
Bachelor of Science 1971
University of Pennsylvania
School of Dental Medicine
Doctor of Dental Medicine 1975
Branemarck Implant Mini-Residency
Branemarck Institute – Feb. 1997
Completion of all five levels of The Dawson Program In Advanced Restorative Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Southern Dental Association
- Fellow of the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics
- President – Smiles 9 – a quality assurance organization
- Affiliate Staff- West Jersey Hospital
- Past President- Independent Dental Associates, Inc.
- Cranio-mandibular Study Club of the Delaware Valley
- Lifetime Accredited Member – Crown Council
- Founder and Director of Symphonic Smiles – Advanced Training in Cosmetic Dentistry and Occlusion
- Creator – The Edge Smiles – to combat the proliferation of the concept that trade name veneers are the best
- Dental Management Magazine – December 1982
- “Boost Your Dental Productivity with a Computer.”
- Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry – November 1988
- “Chairside modification of an existing partial denture for use as an interim prosthesis to alter occlusal vertical dimension.”
- Journal of the New Jersey Dental Association – Summer 1991
- “Overdentures (Part I) Successful treatment planning and fabrication.”
- Journal of the New Jersey Dental Association – Fall 1991
- “Overdentures (Part II) Successful treatment and planning and fabrication.”
- Journal of the New Jersey Dental Association – Winter 1994
- “An indirect/direct combined approach for a reinforced fixed bridge.”
- Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry – August 1999 -
- “Interim Esthetic Restorations in conjunction with Anterior Implants”
- Journal of Contemporary Esthetics – December 2003
- “Sedation as an Adjunct to Oral Rehabilitation in a Fearful Patient”
- Inside Dentistry – May 2009
- “The Enamel Sandwich – an alternative process to restoring the bulimia – destroyed dentition”
Charter Member – CitiBank Cherry Hill Advisory Board