Tis The Season To Eat But Not Gain
December: Tis the season to manage temptation at holiday parties! Here are few tips to keep both your festivities and caloric intake light.
- Don’t arrive to a party hungry. Eat a healthy snack beforehand, such as Greek yogurt and 1 serving of fruit, to minimize the chances of over-eating.
- Choose a small plate to help with portion control and eat slowly.
- Choose your indulgences: if you know you want pie, pass on the chips and dip.
- Bring your own healthy option to the party. Everyone loves a fruit tray!
- Step away from the food; out of sight, out of mind.
- Sip on water. This will keep you hydrated, make you feel fuller, and also distract you from taking a second helping.
For more Free Healthy Holiday ideas, contact Ciara Beck, the in-store Dietitian of Somers Point ShopRite.