Plenty of Phillies Rumors as Offseason Heats Up
(Photo by Drew Hallowell/Getty Images)
“They’re trying to blow the whole thing up. Everyone is for sale”
While we have already heard a ton of rumors we will continue to update this list so check back and look to see if the Phillies make any moves this off season.
- USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that the Royals have had internal discussions about trading for Ryan Howard.
- Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Royals' interest in Ryan Howard is overblown.
- Buster Olney of ESPN hears from evaluators who've had discussions with the Phillies that the team plans to move Ryan Howard "no matter what it takes."
- According to USA Today's Bob Nightengale, Cole Hamels would "love to be traded this winter."
- Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that the Mets talked to the Phillies about the availability of Jimmy Rollins.
- Amaro hasn’t spoken to Jimmy Rollins about the shortstop waiving his 10-and-5 rights to facilitate a trade to another team, Joel Sherman of the New York Post reports.
- Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun reports that the Blue Jays asked the Phillies about the availability of Cole Hamels, Chase Utley, and Antonio Bastardo.
- Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies "are looking for at least three top prospects" in trade talks for Cole Hamels.
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe discussed the possibility of the Red Sox acquiring Cole Hamels with Hamels’ agent, John Boggs, and came away with the belief that the team has a shot, even though the Sox are on Hame’s no-trade list.