Sixers Schedule is Set; Home Opener vs Denver
The Philadelphia 76ers will tip-off the 2012-13 regular season on Wednesday, October 31st at 7 p.m. against the Denver Nuggets. The Sixers are coming off of their first winning season since 2004-05 and advanced to the second round of the playoffs for the first time since 2003, taking Boston to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
Here are some of the key dates:
· Wednesday, October 31 vs. Denver at 7:00 p.m.
· Saturday, November 24 vs. Oklahoma City at 7 p.m.
· Friday, December 7 vs. Boston at 7 p.m.
· Sunday, December 16 vs. L.A. Lakers at 6 p.m.
· Tuesday, January 8 vs. Brooklyn at 7 p.m.
· Saturday, January 26 vs. New York at 7 p.m.
· Monday, February 11 vs. L.A. Clippers at 7 p.m.
· Saturday, February 23 vs. Miami at 7:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, March 13 vs. Miami at 7:00 p.m.
· Saturday, March 16 vs. Indiana at 7:30 p.m.
The Sixers will play 10 of their first 15 games at home, including five straight from November 11-20. It is the most home games the team has had within the first 15 games of a season since 1988-89.
Following a season-high eight game road trip, which runs from Sunday, December 23 at Brooklyn through Saturday, January 5 at San Antonio, the Sixers will play 13 of their next 15 at home. That includes the team’s longest home stand of the season which spans eight games beginning on Saturday, January 26 against New York and ending on Monday, February 11 vs. the L.A. Clippers.
The team will play 22 sets of back-to-back games in 2012-13, including home games on Saturday, November 24 vs. Oklahoma City and Sunday, November 25 vs. Phoenix.
The Sixers will face each NBA team at least once at home and once on the road, including playing Eastern Conference opponents twice at home and twice on the road, except for the following: Chicago (1 home, 2 road), Detroit (2 home, 1 road), Orlando (2 home, 1 road) and Washington (1 home, 2 road).
Individual tickets will go on sale in the month of October.
Plans for the Sixers celebration of their 50th season in the city of Philadelphia will be announced at a future date.