Slim Down Tips From ShopRite’s Expert
June: Bathing suit season is upon us! Here’s a few quick tips to slim your waist line before heading to the beach this summer.
- Try drinking more water and less sugar-sweetened beverages, such as soda, tea, coffee, and juice
- Make half your plate fruits and veggies or aim for at least 5 servings per day
- Choose leaner protein, such as skinless chicken and turkey breast, nuts, and beans
- Switch to low-fat dairy products, such as yogurt, milk, and cheese
- Pick whole grains like brown rice, oatmeal, and 100% whole wheat bread, pasta, and cereal
- Match your portion to the suggested serving size on food labels
- Eat every 3-4 hours or 5 small meals per day to keep your metabolism running at full speed
- Get some type of physical activity at least 30 minutes most days of the week, such as walking, dancing, or swimming
For more FREE weight loss tips, contact Cierra Robbins, the in-store Dietitian of Somers Point ShopRite.