Sportsbash Monday: Mike and Todd Go Over Their Brackets, Plus Should Charlie Manuel Be a Lame Duck?
The Sports Bash ON DEMAND gives you the chance to go back and hear what you missed. Its the Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Mike and Todd are always in a heated debate about something so here’s you chance to listen to their arguments and side with Mike Gill or Todd Ranck
Segments, Interviews, Debate, Top Tweets, Sportsbash Stock Exchange and 5 Questions are all logged and uploaded daily!
Monday March 25th, 2013.
Mike, Todd and Their Brackets
Mike and Todd talk about their last few days down in Clearwater after our broadcasts wrapped up on Tuesday. Todd believes his bracket is still alive despite losing half his Final Four teams over the weekend. Todd has Miami winning it all. Mike Gill has three Final Four teams remaining and was hit hard with the Gonzaga loss over the weekend. Catch all tournament games on 97.3 ESPN FM.
Sportsbash Stock Exchange
1. BUY or SELL the seeding from the selection committee with Gonzaga ousted?
2. BUY or SELL Darin Ruff being sent down to minors?
Charlie Manuel as Lame Duck
Mike Gill goes over an article written by Buster Olney claiming that the lame duck status of Phillies manager Charlie Manuel is among the top ten "most inflammatory stories entering the 2013 season." Mike Gill talks about the article and whether he thinks Olney is correct in this regard.
Former Villanova and current CBS analyst for the tournament Steve Lappas called in to talk about what he's seen thus far during March Madness and what he expects this weekend during Sweet 16 and Elite 8 rounds. Lappas talked about the story that is FGCU and also about college basketball as a whole and if it's as good a game as it was years ago. Lappas will be hosting with Mike Gill on Wednesday at Great Bay Country Club.
1. Tiger 6 wins in last 20, #1 in the world… Are you a believer yet?
2. What are La Salle’s chances of reaching the Elite 8 and the Final Four? (Wichita state, then Arizona/Ohio State)
3. If you had to fill out a fresh Sweet 16 bracket, what would your Final Four be?
4. Which Sweet 16 game are you most looking forward to?
5. Today is Pecan Day, or "Pecahn" day… Which way do you say the word?
Pete Giordano is the producer of “The Sportsbash,” e-mail him: firstname.lastname@example.org