Sportsbash Tuesday: Did Nick Foles Slip Through the Cracks to the Eagles? An Early Eagles Cowboys Preview as Well
Miss the Sports Bash or do you just want to listen to it again?
The Sports Bash ON DEMAND gives you the chance to go back and hear what you missed. Its the Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Here is today’s show: Tuesday, October 13th 2013
Joined SVP today to talk about the Eagles 3-3 start and what the Eagles offense is like in practice. Barwin stayed away from the Nick Foles and Mike Vick question, rather gave the "I play defense" response. Barwin is also a former Texan and teammates with Matt Schaub. Schaub has been struggling as of late and actually cheered when he left due to injury, Barwin comments on that as well. Follow Connor Barwin on Twitter.
Who's In Who's Out
Mike and Todd debate the survivor/suicide picks for Week 7 in the NFL.
Mike Gill asked Kempski the question he's been asking all day: Can Nick Foles be the player that slipped through the cracks and fell to the Eagles? Kempski believes so as he's always been a Foles fan. Kempski said that Foles has a good career at Arizona and was well-liked by many NFL teams coming out of college. Jeff McLane reports that Mike Vick is 'unlikely' to play this weekend and Nick Foles is your likely starter. Follow Kempski on Twitter.
For his weekly whip around in the NFL. This week we go over the week that was Week 6 in the NFL.
ESPN NFL Nation reporter, covering the Dallas Cowboys on with Mike Gill in this segment for a little early preview of the Eagles Cowboys game on Sunday. Archer talks about the 2 major injuries the Cowboys are dealing with in DeMarcus Ware and DeMarco Murray. Archer called Ware the bigger loss because he is their pass rush, while the Cowboys don't have much of a running game and Tony Romo can win a game through the air. On Romo, Archer said he has improved in his decision making despite his interception against Denver and his involvement in the offense has led to him being more careful and taking better, smarter shots down the field. Follow Archer on Twitter.
1. It's looking like Nick Foles will start in Week 7 against Dallas, but who starts in Week 8 vs. the Giants?
2. There's still no line out for Eagles/Cowboys (at least on Bovada), what should the spread be w/ Foles and w/ Vick?
3. At 0-6 It's (almost) safe to assume that the Giants will finish with one of the worst records in the NFL. With that comes a top 5 or top 10 pick in the 2014 Draft which will have loads of top QB prospects. Should the Giants draft a top QB prospect with their 1st round pick?
4. With the Sixers losing by 30 last night and how bad they'll be this season. Could you see the Sixers breaking the all-time record of 18 straight losses to start the season? The 2009-2010 New Jersey Nets have that record.
5. Will the Cowboys ever be dethroned as Americas Team?