Sportsbash Tuesday: Phillies Continue Their Struggles, Should They Trade Cliff Lee?
The Sports Bash ON DEMAND gives you the chance to go back and hear what you missed. Its the Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Mike and Todd are always in a heated debate about something so here’s you chance to listen to their arguments and side with Mike Gill or Todd Ranck
Segments, Interviews, Debate, Top Tweets, Sportsbash Stock Exchange and 5 Questions are all logged and uploaded daily!
Tuesday, May 28th 2013
The Phillies have lost three out of four over the weekend and they continue to fall further back in the NL East standings and wild card. Todd Ranck had the Phillies winning the division, that doesn't look good...Mike Gill had them competing for a second wild card and even that doesn't look good.
Sportsbash Stock Exchange
1. BUY or SELL Sixers coaching search?
2. BUY or SELL Spurs representing the West?
3. BUY or SELL MLB's Memorial Day jerseys/hats?
What if LeBron Loses
Mike and Todd ask an interesting question: What if LeBron James doesn't win another championship this year? How would that impact his resume. When compared to Michael Jordan, he never lost an NBA Championship. If James loses to the Spurs this season, that would be a 1-3 NBA Finals record. Heat/Pacers Game 3 tonight on 97.3 ESPN FM.
Mike and Todd get into the new Rutgers scandal that is brewing consisting of their new AD that was recently hired. Julie Hermann has been accused of verbal abuse back when she was a volleyball coach at Tennessee. Hermann has been assured that her position is safe from Robert Barchi, RU president. Both Mike and Todd can't understand how she is still employed by the university after these allegations.
Cliff Lee Trade?
Mike Gill brings up the point about if the Phillies should trade Cliff Lee come July. Lee was rumored to be on the market last season, but ultimately was not moved. Lee has a limited no-trade cause and if the Phillies are blown away, Mike Gill would entertain the idea and trade him, much like Ruben Amaro did the first time. Where do you start with 'blowing this team up?'
It's a Tuesday edition of top tweets!
1. Allen Barbre ahead of Danny Watkins at LG… (First team: Kelly-Barbre-Reynolds-Herremans-Johnson)… Last stand for Danny?
2. Speaking of the OL… No Peters, we don’t know why, no Mathis, no Kelce, Watkins apparently not playing well enough to go with the 1s… Worried a all?
3. Chip Kelly had coaches wearing fly swatter type things on shoulder pads. Have you invented any training tools or done anything innovative in your years of coaching baseball?
4. How crazy is Joe Theismann?
5. Today is the birthday of one of the greatest West Virginia alums ever. Can you name him? (Hint: 75, Zeke from Cabin Creek, The Logo)