Here are this week’s candidates for CAL athlete of the week, Brought to you by Bunting Family Pharmacy of Northfield.
Vote here for your favorite player and listen to the South Jersey Sports Report with John Leon on Saturday’s from 9-11 to hear who this week’s winner is! John will announce the weekly winner right after 10am on 97.3 ESPN and 1450 ESPN.
Here are this week’s candidates:
Junior Saintel of Holy Spirit – Boys Basketball
- The sophomore scored a career high 24 points and went 17/18 from the foul line to lead Spirit over Camden Catholic
Lexi Bruno of Sacred Heart – Girls Basketball
- Scored 20 points and was the major reason the Lady Lions won their first CAL Girls Championship
Chris Turner of Ocean City – Boys Basketball
- Scored 23 in the opening round win of the NJSIAA playoffs on Monday (Bosch 22 & 11)
Dayshawn Reynolds of Atlantic City – Boys Basketball
- Scored 19 points in an overtime win over Absegami
Sahara Lopez of Atlantic City – Girls Basketball
- Scored 20 points to lead Atlantic City over Mainland on the first round of the Group 4 playoffs
Braheme Days, Jr. of Bridgeton – Track & Field
- Broke his own NATION’S BEST mark with a throw of 70 feet 8 inches in the Shot Put in the 78th Annual Eastern State Championships in New York. He’ll compete at the New Balance Indoor Nationals on March 9-11 in New York, the final Indoor meet of the season.
Summer Crilley of Holy Spirit – Girls Basketball
- Scored 19 points, 9 steals and six assists in just three quarters on Wednesday night’s win.