April Showers Brings Physical Fitness Month
May: Celebrate physical fitness and sport month by putting away the rain boots and breaking out the sneakers.
- Use strength training and cardiovascular exercises to get at least 2 ½ hours of moderately to vigorously intense exercise each week.
- Don’t be intimidated by the thought of long, intense workouts. Short bouts of exercise, such as 3 sets of 10 minutes, are effective too!
- Make sure you incorporate weight lifting. This not only strengthens your muscles, but is great for bone health.
- Try downloading a smartphone app to track your steps or exercise.
- Eat a combination of carbohydrates and protein after your workout to help with recovery.
- Stay hydrated!
For more Free, healthy tips, contact Ciara Beck, the in-store Dietitian of Somers Point ShopRite.