Five Eagles Selected to Play in the Pro Bowl
The National Football League announced that five Philadelphia Eagles were selected to the Pro Bowl, which will be played on Sunday, January 25, 2015, at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.
The five Eagles are:
LT Jason Peters (7th Pro Bowl selection, 5th as an Eagle)
RB LeSean McCoy (3rd Pro Bowl selection)
LB Connor Barwin (1st Pro Bowl selection)
C Jason Kelce (1st Pro Bowl selection)
Return specialist Darren Sproles (1st Pro Bowl selection)
- Peters became the 13th Eagle and first offensive tackle in team history to earn 5+ Pro Bowl selections.
- Since Peters earned his first Pro Bowl selection in 2007, the only offensive tackle to earn more during that time span is Cleveland’s Joe Thomas (8 Pro Bowls).
- McCoy, who ranks 5th in the NFL in rushing yards in 2014, is now tied with Timmy Brown and Bill Barnes (3 apiece) with the most Pro Bowl berths by an Eagles running back.
- Barwin, who ranks 4th in the NFL in sacks (14.5), became the first Eagles linebacker to earn a Pro Bowl berth since Jeremiah Trotter did so following the 2005 season.
- Kelce became the first Eagles center to gain a Pro Bowl bid in 47 years, since Jim Ringo earned the 10th and final Pro Bowl berth of his career following the 1967 campaign.
- Sproles, who leads the NFL in punt return average (13.7), became the third Eagles return man to earn Pro Bowl honors, joining DeSean Jackson (2010) and Timmy Brown (1980).