Best Bets: UFC 249
Where is UFC 249?
The event, which has had delays since being announced, will be held at Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla., without fans. UFC previously tried to push through with a plan to hold fights in California, but was ultimately told to stop the effort amid political backlash and advice from ESPN.
Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje odds for UFC 249
Tony Ferguson is considered the favorite at -175.
Tony Ferguson vs Justin Gaethje — Interim lightweight title
- PICK: Ferguson Moneyline to Win, also like "NO" for "fight to go the distance"
Henry Cejudo vs Dominic Cruz — Bantamweight title
- PICK: Cejudo Moneyline
Francis Ngannou vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik — Heavyweight
- PICK: Ngannou Moneyline
Jeremy Stephens vs Calvin Kattar — Featherweight
- PICK: Kattar Moneyline
Greg Hardy vs Yorgan de Castro — Heavyweight
- PICK:de Castro ML, "NO" for "Fight to go the distance"
Donald Cerrone vs Anthony Pettis — Welterweight
- PICK: Under 2.5 rounds and Pettis by KO/TKO (+210), Pettis ML
Aleksei Oleinik vs Fabricio Werdum — Heavyweight
- PICK: Oleinik by Submission (+650), Fight to go the distance (+215)- (some value bets to change it up)
- From actionnetwork.com :"Werdum returns to the UFC off of a 2018 knockout loss to Alexander Volkov, and it’s incredible to see him installed as such a significant favorite in a heavyweight fight at the age of 42.He has an edge over Oleinik in striking stats (+1.16 vs. -0.17 significant strike margin), and is considered to be the better grappler in a fight between two of the best heavyweights to ever put in extensive work on the ground.
Werdum has recorded 11 of his 23 wins by submission, while Oleinik has won 46 of his 58 fights (78%) by submission.
Both men are comfortable working off of their back, and the last knockout for either came back in 2014.
Werdum by submission (+420) and Oleinik by submission (+650) are each plus-money bets in the prop market, but the fight is also +215 (implied 31%) to go the distance).
Werdum will be a popular selection for parlays – but I don’t see how you can include him off of the layoff."
Carla Esparza vs Michelle Waterson — Women's strawweight
- PICK: Esparza by decision (-106)
Uriah Hall vs Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza — Middleweight
Early Preliminary Card
Vicente Luque vs Niko Price — Welterweight
- PICK: Niko Price Moneyline (+215)
Bryce Mitchell vs Charles Rosa — Featherweight
- PICK:Rosa Moneyline (+135)
Ryan Spann vs Sam Alvey — Light heavyweight
- PICK: Spann ML (-420)
- Parlay: Kattar / Ngannou / Pettis (+217)
South Jersey Athletes Who Played/Coached in NBA and MLB