Whether hosting or attending a party, spread the cheer with healthier appetizers!
- Bring a fruit platter or fun holiday trail mix that you and other guests could enjoy!
- Make a pear and pomegranate salsa and pair it with multigrain tortilla chips! YUM!
- Stuff dates with goat cheese and nuts for a savory, but sweet treat.
- Add cranberries, apples, and fresh herbs to your favorite quinoa for a flavorful salad.
- Got room for dessert? Dip clementines in dark chocolate to satisfy that sweet tooth!
- Make the switch from sour cream to plain Greek yogurt for creamy dips, such as spinach and artichoke dip.
- Roast vegetables, such as acorn squash, and top it with a little honey and dried fruit for a healthy side dish!
For more free, healthy tips, contact me, Ashley Bannister, the in-store dietitian of Shop Rite of Hammonton and Landis.