Flyers 2018-19 Schedule Includes 17 Games on National Television
The NHL and NBC released its national broadcast schedule for the 2018-19 season on Monday. The Flyers will be televised nationally on NBC and NBCSN 17 times in the 2018-19 season.
Among the games on national television, the Flyers will be featured exclusively on NBC four times. The Flyers will host the New York Rangers on Friday, Nov. 23, serving as NBC’s 2018 Discover Thanksgiving Showdown. The 2018 Coors Light Stadium Series game between the Flyers and Penguins will also be televised on NBC on Saturday, Feb. 23.
The Flyers will also play on NBC two other times, both Sundays. They face the Washington Capitals on the road on March 24 and host the Rangers on March 31.
The Flyers will also be on NBCSN 13 times throughout the season, but only three times as part of NBCSN’s 'Wednesday Night Hockey.'
'Wednesday Night Hockey' is the rebranded version of 'Wednesday Night Rivalry,' which will feature 25 doubleheaders that are designed to focus on the stars of the game and a more diverse schedule to include all teams in the league. The games will also start earlier with a 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. start time instead of the usual 8 p.m. start from previous seasons.
NBC will also carry the NHL All-Star Game on Saturday, Jan. 26, in primetime, the first time the All-Star Game has been in primetime since 1997.
The full list of Flyers games televised on NBC and NBCSN is listed below:
- Thursday, Oct. 4 at Vegas Golden Knights - 10 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 vs. San Jose Sharks - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Wednesday, Nov. 21 at Buffalo Sabres - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Friday, Nov. 23 vs. New York Rangers - 1 p.m. (NBC)
- Thursday, Dec. 27 at Tampa Bay Lightning - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Tuesday, Jan. 8 at Washington Capitals - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Wednesday, Jan. 16 vs. Boston Bruins - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Monday, Jan. 28 vs. Winnipeg Jets - 7 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Tuesday, Jan. 29 at New York Rangers - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Monday, Feb. 11 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - 7 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Sunday, Feb. 17 at Detroit Red Wings - 6 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Saturday, Feb. 23 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - 8 p.m. (NBC)
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 vs. Buffalo Sabres - 7 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Wednesday, March 6 vs. Washington Capitals - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Sunday, March 17 at Pittsburgh Penguins - 7:30 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Sunday, March 24 at Washington Capitals - 12:30 p.m. (NBC)
- Sunday, March 31 vs. New York Rangers - 12:30 p.m. (NBC)
Kevin Durso is Flyers insider for 97.3 ESPN and Flyers editor for SportsTalkPhilly.com. Follow him on Twitter @Kevin_Durso.