Flyers-Blues Preview: Six Pack to Go
There are just six games over the next 10 days before the 2022-23 season is over for the Flyers. Then comes an offseason that must continue to chart a course for the future. Before that happens, there are still games to be played, some more meaningful to the opposing teams than others. There are a handful of playoff teams still on the schedule that will have something to play for beyond pride.
Tuesday night's game against the St. Louis Blues does not fall into that category. The Blues, much like the Flyers, are gearing up more for the offseason and NHL Draft.
Game time is 8 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||G||A||P||St. Louis Blues||GP||G||A||P|
|Travis Konecny||54||29||27||56||Jordan Kyrou||74||36||35||71|
|Kevin Hayes||75||17||36||53||Pavel Buchnevich||59||25||41||66|
|Owen Tippett||71||23||19||42||Robert Thomas||70||17||46||63|
|Morgan Frost||75||18||24||42||Brayden Schenn||77||21||41||62|
|Tony DeAngelo||69||11||31||42||Justin Faulk||77||10||34||44|
Travis Konecny has picked right up where he left off before missing 16 games with injury. In his two games back into the lineup, he has scored twice, now putting him one goal away from the first 30-goal season of his career.
Jordan Kyrou had a pair of goals in Sunday's game for the Blues, continuing a recent hot stretch. Kyrou has 10 goals since March 11, a span of 13 games.
Sam Ersson gets the start for the Flyers. Ersson made 27 saves on 30 shots in a loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday, his first NHL start since Feb. 25. Ersson's last win at the NHL level came on Feb. 20, making 32 saves on 35 shots against Calgary.
Jordan Binnington gets the start for St. Louis. Binnington made 28 saves on 31 shots in a shootout loss to Boston on Sunday. He had won three straight starts prior to that.
Flyers Scratches: Carter Hart (injury), Tanner Laczynski (healthy), Kieffer Bellows (healthy), Justin Braun (healthy)
Blues Scratches: Robert Thomas (injury), Pavel Buchnevich (injury), Marco Scandella (injury), Robert Bortuzzo (injury), Thomas Greiss (injury)
- Flyers: Rasmus Ristolainen will be a game-time decision after missing Sunday's game. If he's unable to play, either Kieffer Bellows or Justin Braun could be back in the lineup, depending on if the Flyers want to use seven defensemen. Ronnie Attard is also a new addition to the lineup, making his season debut.
- Blues: Robert Thomas could be back in the lineup as a game-time decision. Vadim Zherenko is backing up in goal on an emergency call-up with Thomas Greiss out.
- Power Play: Flyers (32nd), Blues (22nd)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (25th), Blues (29th)
- Recent History vs. Blues
- Nov. 8, 2022 - Flyers 5, Blues 1 (at PHI)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Blues
- Travis Konecny: 10 GP, 4 G, 5 A, 9 P
- James van Riemsdyk: 18 GP, 4 G, 4 A, 8 P
- Kevin Hayes: 11 GP, 2 G, 5 A, 7 P
- Owen Tippett: 4 GP, 1 G, 2 A, 3 P
- Felix Sandstrom: 1 GP, 1-0-0, 1.00 GAA, .964 SV%
- Milestone Watch
- Justin Braun needs one point to reach 200 for his career.
- Tony DeAngelo needs one point to reach 200 for his career.
- James van Riemsdyk needs two goals to reach 300 for his career.
- Scott Laughton needs three points to reach 200 for his career.
- Nick Deslauriers needs three points to reach 100 for his career.
Where to Watch
- TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network
Kevin Durso is Flyers insider for 97.3 ESPN and Flyers editor for SportsTalkPhilly.com. Follow him on Twitter @Kevin_Durso.
Philadelphia Flyers Uniforms Through The Years