Flyers-Jets Preview: Headed to Break
This week has served as a reminder of just how much would have to go right for the Flyers to lean on the side of a potential playoff appearance. They have now lost three games in a row, the last two coming in overtime. The streak started on home ice on Sunday night, though, against the same team the Flyers will close out the week against, the Winnipeg Jets.
In that time, the Jets have experienced some struggles too. After winning in Philadelphia on Sunday, the Jets have lost their last two games.
Game time is a 7 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||G||A||P||Winnipeg Jets||GP||G||A||P|
|Travis Konecny||44||24||25||49||Kyle Connor||50||24||33||57|
|Kevin Hayes||49||15||30||45||Pierre-Luc Dubois||50||22||30||52|
|Tony DeAngelo||45||8||21||29||Josh Morrissey||50||8||43||51|
|Scott Laughton||46||12||16||28||Mark Scheifele||50||29||16||45|
|Owen Tippett||45||13||13||26||Blake Wheeler||41||12||24||36|
Kevin Hayes, the Flyers All-Star representative, is heading into the break on a pretty solid stretch. He has a four-game points streak entering Saturday's game, including a pair of goals against the Jets on Sunday.
Mark Scheifele continues to be productive. He has six goals in the last 10 games and has added five assists for 11 points in that time. He did score a goal in the Jets' win over the Flyers on Sunday.
Carter Hart is expected to start for the Flyers. Hart suffered the overtime loss again on Thursday night, allowing three goals on 23 shots. Hart has lost four of his last five starts.
Connor Hellebuyck is expected to start for Winnipeg. Hellebuyck allowed three goals on 36 shots in the Jets' loss to Buffalo on Thursday. Since a stretch of six wins in seven starts, Hellebuyck has lost four of his last five starts going back to Jan. 17.
Flyers Scratches: Sean Couturier (injury), Tanner Laczynski (injury), Zack MacEwen (injury), Justin Braun (healthy)
Jets Scratches: Mason Appleton (injury), David Gustafsson (injury), Kyle Capobianco (healthy), Sam Gagner (healthy), Dylan Samberg (healthy)
- Flyers: The team did not have a morning skate. Zack MacEwen and Wade Allison both left the last game with injury and did not return. Kieffer Bellows is expected to play if one or both are not able to be in the lineup.
- Jets: No changes are expected to the Winnipeg lineup.
- Power Play: Flyers (29th), Jets (13th)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (20th), Jets (4th)
- Recent History vs. Jets
- Jan. 22, 2023 - Jets 5, Flyers 3 (at PHI)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Jets
- James van Riemsdyk: 31 GP, 7 G, 14 A, 21 P
- Kevin Hayes: 14 GP, 4 G, 4 A, 8 P
- Travis Konecny: 10 GP, 2 G, 2 A, 4 P
- Carter Hart: 4 GP, 3-0-0, 1.50 GAA, .950 SV%
- Milestone Watch
- Travis Sanheim needs two assists to reach 100 for his career.
Where to Watch
- TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network