The body of work has been competed for South Jersey high school football teams. Friday marked the end of the regular season and the NJSIAA playoff pairing are now official.
The start of the plays if this Friday night.
Gridiron New Jersey, which compiles the United Power Rankings for the state's athletic governing body, released its final power rankings and playoff projections.
The playoff matchups are as follows (local team in bold):
(1) Bergen Catholic, BYE
(2) St. Augustine Prep, BYE
(3) St. Joseph (Mont.), BYE
(9) Notre Dame @ (8) Donovan Catholic
(12) St. John Vianney @ (5) Seton Hall Prep
(13) Pope John @ (4) St. Peter's Prep
(11) Paul VI @ (6) Don Bosco Prep
(10) Camden Catholic @ (7) Delbarton
(8) Immaculata @ (1) DePaul
(5) Holy Spirit @ (4) Hudson Catholic
(6) St. Thomas Aquinas @ (3) St. Joseph (Hamm.)
(7) Morris Catholic @ (2) Red Bank Catholic
St. Augustine has earned a bye as the No. 2 seed in the very difficult Non-Public A field. St. Joe's and Holy Spirit are both in the Non-Public B field and would meet up if both teams made the finals.
Central, Group 2:
(8) Barnegat @ (1) Raritan
(5) Overbrook @ (4) Hillside
(6) Middle Township @ (3) Haddonfield
(7) Bound Brook @ (2) Bernards
In the Central Group II field, sixth-seeded Middle twp will be on the road facing Haddonfield.
Central, Group 3:
(8) Oakcrest @ (1) Rumson-Fair Haven
(5) Delran @ (4) Burlington Township
(6) Holmdel @ (3) Manasquan
(7) Triton @ (2) Woodrow Wilson
South, Group 3:
(8) Absegami @ (1) Cedar Creek
(5) Rahway @ (4) Somerville
(6) Ewing @ (3) Delsea
(7) Hopewell Valley @ (2) Wall
In Central Group III, Oakcrest is the No. 8 seed and will face top-seeded Rumson Fair-Haven.
In South Group III, we have a local matchup in the first-round with Absegami faced Cedar Creek.
Central, Group 4:
(8) Hightstown @ (1) Winslow Township
(5) Timber Creek @ (4) Colts Neck
(6) Clearview @ (3) Lacey
(7) Hammonton @ (2) Shawnee
South, Group 4:
(8) Toms River South @ (1) Millville
(5) Central @ (4) Pennsauken
(6) Freehold Boro @ (3) Long Branch
(7) Mainland @ (2) Ocean City
In Central Jersey Group IV, Hammonton is the No. 7 seed and will face Shawnee.
The Group IV field has a bunch of local teams, headlined by a tremendous Millville team, and undefeated Ocean City team, who will face rival Mainland in the first-round.
Central, Group 5:
(8) New Brunswick @ (1) Hillsborough
(5) Wiliamstown @ (4) Southern
(6) Eastern @ (3) North Brunswick
(7) Egg Harbor @ (2) Cherokee
In the Central Jersey Group V field, Egg Harbor Twp, the No. 7 seed, will face a touch Cherokee team.
Most Accomplished South Jersey Male Athletes From Each High School