Sportsbash Friday: The Nnamdi Asomugha Pay Cut and Can You Name a Tall, Lanky Baseball Player?
The Sports Bash ON DEMAND gives you the chance to go back and hear what you missed. Its the Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Mike and Todd are always in a heated debate about something so here’s you chance to listen to their arguments and side with Mike Gill or Todd Ranck
Segments, Interviews, Debate, Top Tweets, Sportsbash Stock Exchange and 5 Questions are all logged and uploaded daily!
Friday February 22nd, 2013.
DiLeo Makes Comments
Mike and Todd open up today's show talking about the Sixers deadline deal acquiring Charles Jenkins for a second round pick. DiLeo also commented on the Sixers plan surrounding Andrew Bynum and what they'll be able to do. DiLeo said that they have a 'Plan A' which stands for Andrew Bynum and a 'Plan B.' Funny because 'Plan B' could also stand for Andrew Bynum. Todd believes that the Sixers are setting themselves up for a return of Bynum, whether they see him play or not this season.
Our injury expert Joe DeRosa comments on the latest injuries surrounding the sports world including Flyers forward Matt Read who is out for six weeks with torn rib cartilage.
Sportsbash Stock Exchange
1. BUY or SELL Nnamddi Asomugha restructure?
2. BUY or SELL Oscar Pistorius being released on bail?
Nnamdi and a Restructure Possible?
Mike Gill gets into the subject of the Eagles and Nnamdi Asomugha possibly restructuring his contract so he can return next season. Adam Schefter reported today that if the cornerback does not agree to these terms then he will be released. Asomugha is scheduled to make $15M next season, $5M of which is guaranteed. Our Eagles Insider chimes in with his thoughts on the matter as well.
It's a Friday edition of top tweets!
Tall, Lanky Position Player
In this segment Mike Gill asks our listeners if they can think of a successful baseball player that was both tall and lanky. Now many listeners called and texted in with the name Randy Johnson, who was indeed tall and lanky, but he was a pitcher and didn't need to hit lefties like the Phillies need Domonic Brown to.
1. Joe Lunardi has La Salle in as an 11 seed, Temple in the last four in as a 12 seed… Is that fair?
2. Sixers take on the Heat off 8 in a row… Percentage chance the Sixers win?
3. Percentage chance the Eagles and Nnamdi Asomugha reach an agreement to keep him in Philly?
4. Flyers off tonight, Sixers off tonight, what do you have planned for yourself?
5. Today is George Washington’s Birthday… Where does he rank among your favorite presidents?
Pete Giordano is the producer of “The Sportsbash,” e-mail him: firstname.lastname@example.org