5 Things to Do in South Jersey While Sports Hits the Pause Button
People love sports. It's a release. It causes many people to be irrational. People go on social media sites like twitter and attack others based on their sports opinions.
But that is all gone - for now. So now what?
Here are 5 things you can do in South Jersey while there are no sports to enjoy.
1. Become a craft beer connoisseur
It's something I have really enjoyed over the past few years, hunting for that next great craft beer. Many area bars have added craft beer selections to their menus, and I have tried to give us many a taste that I can.
Here are a few that I recommend you try:
- Juicy Shenanigans from Three 3's Brewing company
- Wolf Pup Session IPA from Golden Road Brewing
- Outside IPA from Flying Fish Brewing Co.
- Anti-Hero from Revolution Brewing
- Water Guns and Rainbows from Ludlam Island
- Loose Cannon from Heavy Seas Beer
- Boomsauce from Lord Hobo Brewing
- Boat Beer from Carton Brewing
- Lunch from Maine Beer Company
- Voodoo Ranger IPA from New Belgium
- Nu Juice from Southern Tier
2. Try some place new
In South Jersey we seem to be very territorial. If you live on the islands (Margate, Ventnor, Brigantine, Atlantic City, Ocean City, Sea Isle, Avalon, Stone Harbor, The Wildwoods, Cape May) you don't leave the island.�� If you live in the Mainland area (Linwood, Northfield, Somers Point) you don't leave that area much. EHT, Mays Landing, Galloway, Absecon, Millville, Buena, Vineland, Court House, Marmora, Smithville they all have their spots, that many people don't make the drive to try - now is the time.
Here are some places to try:
- Roberts Place - Margate
- Vagabond Kitchen and Taphouse - Atlantic City and now EHT
- Wonderbar - Atlantic City
- Wingcraft - Atlantic City
- Villian and Saints - Atlantic City
- Tailgaters - Galloway
- Josie Kelly's - Somers Point
- Jon and Patty's - Ocean City
- Lucky Bones - Cape May
- Mudhen - Wildwood
- Dog Tooth - Wildwood
- Harbor Burger Bar - Stone Harbor
- Rosa's Garden Grill - Linwood
- Calabria Pizza & Italian Grill - Absecon
- Ye Olde Mill St Pub - Mays Landing
- Jim's Lunch - Millville
- Outlaw's Burger Barn & Creamery - Vineland
- Cafe 101 & Carvery - Cape May Court House
3. Check out a local band
There are some great musical talents in the area, head out to see some great music and have some fun with these bands, who are are a good time!
- Five Times Famous
- Usual Suspects
- Evolution X
- Changing Lanes
- Laura lee and Tripp Fabulous
- Quasimodo's Bride
4. Try something new
How about ax throwing? You can try that for some entertainment and even a lil competition
5. Read a book
I have none to recommend,though I am currently reading Tanking to the Top by Yaron Weitzman, which takes a look at the Sixers "Process".
However, I'm sure you'll have time to find a bench, beach or empty field to find a book and enjoy some down time.
Any suggestions of beers, bands and places, I didn't list , let me know, and I will try it out!
E-mail me: Mike@973espn.com