Flyers-Ducks Preview: Fly Together
The first three games at Wells Fargo Center have been home cooking for the Flyers. Their most recent, a 6-2 victory over the Minnesota Wild on Thursday, improved their home record to 3-0-0 to start the season, with three more games coming up on the current homestand.
The next opponent is another team that was in similar position, from the draft to the development process. The Anaheim Ducks are also trying to build back to success and have a group of young budding stars trying to pave the way.
Game time is 1 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||G||A||P||Anaheim Ducks||GP||G||A||P|
|Travis Konecny||7||6||3||9||Ryan Strome||7||1||6||7|
|Travis Sanheim||7||1||7||8||Frank Vatrano||7||5||1||6|
|Cam Atkinson||7||4||3||7||Mason McTavish||7||3||3||6|
|Sean Couturier||7||2||4||6||Troy Terry||7||2||3||5|
|Joel Farabee||7||3||2||5||Pavel Mintyukov||7||1||3||4|
Owen Tippett got on the board for the first time with a goal this season in Thursday's game. That goal could be what jumpstarts more offensive production from Tippett, who scored 27 goals last season.
Frank Vatrano leads the way for Anaheim in goals with five already on the young season. This includes two goals and three points in the last four games.
No goalie has been announced yet with no morning skate. Carter Hart is expected to start, but this could be a place for Sam Ersson to get his second start of the season. Hart made 26 saves on 28 shots in Thursday's win. Ersson's only appearance so far came last Saturday against Dallas, allowing five goals on 25 shots in an overtime loss. Ersson won both games against Anaheim last season with a 1.50 GAA.
Lukas Dostal is expected to start for Anaheim. Dostal last played on Tuesday night, making 35 saves on 37 shots in a win over Columbus.
Flyers Scratches: Rasmus Ristolainen (injury), Marc Staal (injury), Morgan Frost (healthy), Victor Mete (healthy), Felix Sandstrom (healthy)
Ducks Scratches: Alex Killorn (injury), Jamie Drysdale (injury), Isac Lundestrom (injury), Brock McGinn (injury), Chase De Leo (injury), Robert Hagg (healthy), Bo Groulx (healthy), Tristan Luneau (healthy)
- Flyers: No changes are expected to the Flyers lineup. Victor Mete sits again as the extra defenseman. Morgan Frost sits out as a healthy scratch for the sixth straight game.
- Ducks: The Ducks have key injuries, particularly to Alex Killorn, one of their big free-agent signings, and Jamie Drysdale. No changes are expected to the lineup from their last game.
- Power Play: Flyers (13.0% - 23rd), Ducks (4.2% - 32nd)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (86.4% - 9th), Ducks (75.7% - 18th)
- Recent History vs. Ducks
- Jan. 17, 2023: Flyers 5, Ducks 2 (at PHI)
- Jan. 2, 2023: Flyers 4, Ducks 1 (at ANA)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Ducks
- Sean Couturier: 14 GP, 8 G, 8 A, 16 P
- Travis Konecny: 12 GP, 3 G, 6 A, 9 P
- Scott Laughton: 11 GP, 1 G, 6 A, 7 P
- Carter Hart: 3 GP, 2-1-0, 2.03 GAA, .941 SV%
- Sam Ersson: 2 GP, 2-0-0, 1.50 GAA, .946 SV%
- Milestone Watch
- Nick Deslauriers needs three assists to reach 100 for his career.
Where to Watch
- TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network
Kevin Durso is Flyers insider for 97.3 ESPN. Follow him on social media @Kevin_Durso.
Philadelphia Flyers Uniforms Through The Years