Flyers-Jets Preview: Another Win at the Break?
In the final game of January, the Flyers finally snapped a 13-game losing streak and got their first and only win of the month. As the calendar turns to February, the Flyers have one game on Tuesday night before a bit of a break.
The Winnipeg Jets are in town for the final game before a week-long break that includes All-Star weekend, as the Flyers face a limited schedule throughout the month.
Game time is 7 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||G||A||P||Winnipeg Jets||GP||G||A||P|
|Claude Giroux||41||15||20||35||Kyle Connor||41||24||20||44|
|Cam Atkinson||44||17||18||35||Pierre-Luc Dubois||41||18||14||32|
|Travis Konecny||42||7||17||24||Mark Scheifele||35||10||19||29|
|Joel Farabee||33||11||7||18||Andrew Copp||41||12||16||28|
|James van Riemsdyk||44||10||7||17||Nikolaj Ehlers||34||13||12||25|
Cam Atkinson scored twice in Saturday's win for the Flyers, including a shorthanded goal, to increase his season total to 17 goals, leading the team. Atkinson also had an assist to complete a three-point game and moved into a tie for the team lead in points with 45.
Kyle Connor continues to emerge as a superstar for Winnipeg. Connor has 24 goals on the season, good for seventh in the NHL, and has scored in three of his last four games.
Carter Hart gets the start for the Flyers. Hart finally snapped a lengthy personal losing streak with the win on Saturday, making 37 saves against the Kings. He looks to string together wins going into the break.
Connor Hellebuyck gets the start for the Jets. Hellebuyck is in the midst of his own personal losing streak at six games, his last win coming on Jan. 13 against Detroit. Hellebuyck has allowed five goals in each of his last two starts.
Flyers Scratches: Sean Couturier (injury), Ryan Ellis (injury), Nate Thompson (injury), Derick Brassard (injury), Kevin Hayes (injury), Patrick Brown (injury), Joel Farabee (injury), Wade Allison (injury), Kevin Connauton (healthy), Nick Seeler (healthy), Jackson Cates (healthy)
Jets Scratches: Nikolaj Ehlers (injury), Nathan Beaulieu injury), Logan Stanley (injury), Dylan DeMelo (injury), David Gustafsson (injury), CJ Suess (injury), Dylan Samberg (injury), Declan Chisholm (healthy), Nelson Nogier (healthy)
- Flyers: Morgan Frost missed Monday's practice and Tuesday's morning skate under the weather with a non-COVID illness. He will be a game-time decision with the hopes that he can take warmups. If Frost is unable to play, Jackson Cates will join the lineup.
- Jets: Josh Morrissey returns to the Jets lineup after missing three games in COVID protocol.
- Power Play: Flyers (28th), Jets (12th)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (20th), Jets (30th)
- Recent History vs. Jets
- Feb. 22, 2020 - Flyers 4, Jets 2 (at PHI)
- Dec. 15, 2019 - Jets 7, Flyers 3 (at WPG)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Jets
- Claude Giroux - 31 GP, 8 G, 19 A, 27 P
- Keith Yandle - 21 GP, 2 G, 15 A, 17 P
- James van Riemsdyk - 28 GP, 6 G, 14 A, 20 P
- Carter Hart - 3 GP, 2-0-0, 1.71 GAA, .941 SV%
- Milestone Watch
- Claude Giroux plays in his 700th game as Flyers captain tonight.
- Travis Sanheim needs one point to reach 100 for his career.
Where to Watch
TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network
Kevin Durso is Flyers insider for 97.3 ESPN and Flyers editor for SportsTalkPhilly.com. Follow him on Twitter @Kevin_Durso.