High School Basketball Power Rankings [WEEK 1]
It's still early in the 2015 high school basketball season, but we are already seeing some of the tops hoops in the country right here in our backyard.
We're tipping off our boys basketball Power Rankings this week featuring a few of the Cape-Atlantic League teams you'd expect to see and maybe a few surprises. Be sure to tell us if you agree or disagree.
1) *Roselle Catholic (8-0): Perhaps the top high school basketball team in the Garden State is off to a hot start, including a pair of wins against fellow top 25 teams.
2) *Patrick School (8-2): Poised to make a deep playoff run, the Celtics only two losses come from our top team, Roselle Catholic, and one off-game during a west coast trip to start the season.
3) Trenton Catholic (5-3): Hands down the top team in central Jersey. They'll have their hands full with a few marquee match-ups later this month.
4) Holy Spirit (5-1): A one-point loss to an out-of-state opponent is so far the only blemish on the Spartans otherwise flawless season.
5) Camden (6-1): One of South Jersey's premiere teams looks to put a recent loss to Eastern behind them this week and move on.
6) St. Augustine (6-1): The Hermits continue to shine, but should face a tough test in early February when they host Camden.
7) *St. Joseph-Metuchen (6-1): The other St. Joe will head to South Jersey this week for a match-up against a tough Cedar Creek team.
8) *Gill St. Bernard's (5-3): Another non-South Jersey-based school that'll see playoff action in South Jersey, the Knights need to recover from a string of recent losses.
9) *Cardinal McCarrick (9-0): The Eagles are making a name for themselves as they look to stay undefeated this week.
10) Atlantic City (4-2): This Vikings team is not what they once were, but can still turn it on and beat a lot of teams a variety of ways.
Others receiving consideration: Toms River North, Eastern, Camden Catholic, Southern, Wildwood Catholic