Sportsbash Wednesday: Doug Collins Ripped His Team, Was It Fair or Not?
The Sports Bash ON DEMAND gives you the chance to go back and hear what you missed. Its the Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Mike and Todd are always in a heated debate about something so here’s you chance to listen to their arguments and side with Mike Gill or Todd Ranck
Segments, Interviews, Debate, Top Tweets, Sportsbash Stock Exchange and 5 Questions are all logged and uploaded daily!
Wednesday February 27th, 2013.
Doug Collins Rips Team
Mike and Todd open up a Wednesday show with the press conference Doug Collins last night where he ripped his team and players. Todd agrees with Collins in a sense because he should have done this a long time ago and believes that there are a bunch of 'paycheck players' on this team. Mike Gill thinks Collins is being hypocritical because Collins is the one that handpicked these players and they are his responsibility. Watch the press conference here.
Sportsbash Stock Exchange
1. BUY or SELL a coach calling out his team publicly?
2. BUY or SELL Nick Foles on Eagles roster next season?
3. BUY or SELL it being fair to question Mike Trout's weight gain?
CSN Philadelphia NBA analyst Marc Jackson called in to talk about Collins press conference and what he thought of his comments. Jackson said that his comments were justified because they haven't put out the energy and effort needed in every game, not just the specific games Collins mentioned last night. Follow Jackson on Twitter.
ESPN NBA analyst Tim Legler called in to talk about the Doug Collins press conference last night after their loss to the Magic. Legler called the Magic the "worst team in the NBA" and thinks Collins is for the first time self evaluating his situation with the Sixers and his players. Legler called Collins a great communicator, but he knew the day he took the Sixers job he was afraid of this happening because it's tough to win in the NBA without a superstar. Legler will also root on his daughter and Middle Township tonight in their SJ playoff game.
It's another edition of #askmikeandtodd!
A Wednesday edition of top tweets!
Joined us LIVE from Chicago to talk about his opinions on Doug Collins press conference last night. Cooney said it was embarrassing with the way the team played last night and that Collins had every right to air his frustrations to the media. Also said that the team really isnt that good and the absence of Andrew Bynum hasn't allowed Collins to coach his team at full capacity. Follow Cooney on Twitter.
1. What are you most excited about so far through spring training?
2. What are you most worried about so far through spring training?
3. Doug Collins ranting, Flyers making perhaps a desperation trade. Will either make the playoffs?
4. The NFL is investigating a report that at least one team, and maybe multiple, were asking players about sexual orientation at the combine. Should they be allowed?
5. Today is Polar Bear Day and Kahlua day. What do you like more? Polar bears or Kahlua?
Pete Giordano is the producer of “The Sportsbash,” e-mail him: email@example.com