Flyers-Canadiens Preview: One Week to Go
The NHL trade deadline is in one week. For many teams, activity has already begun. For the Flyers, it has been more of the same.
Just three games remain until the deadline, and while this is usually a countdown to significant changes to come to the lineup, the Flyers may only have a handful of pieces moving at the deadline. They return home for the first time in nearly two weeks, facing the Montreal Canadiens.
Game time is 7 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||G||A||P||Montreal Canadiens||GP||G||A||P|
|Travis Konecny||52||27||27||54||Nick Suzuki||57||18||26||44|
|Kevin Hayes||58||17||31||48||Cole Caufield||46||26||10||36|
|Scott Laughton||55||13||21||34||Kirby Dach||54||12||23||35|
|Tony DeAngelo||54||10||23||33||Christian Dvorak||57||9||16||25|
|Owen Tippett||54||16||15||31||Mike Hoffman||43||9||14||23|
Owen Tippett got back on the board in the last game, scoring his 16th goal of the season. Tippett will be leaned upon for some increased offense with Travis Konecny out of the lineup.
Christian Dvorak has been on a roll lately with two goals and three assists over his last five games to lead the Canadiens. The five-point outburst in the last five games comes after Dvorak went seven straight games without a point.
Carter Hart gets the start for the Flyers. Hart allowed three goals on 26 shots in the loss to the Oilers on Tuesday. That extended Hart's personal losing streak to four games. Hart allowed four goals on 32 shots in a shootout loss to the Canadiens on Nov. 19.
Jake Allen gets the start for the Canadiens. Allen allowed five goals on 41 shots in a loss to Toronto on Feb. 18. Prior to that, he had two straight wins including a 22-save shutout against Chicago on Feb. 14. Allen allowed four goals on 29 shots in a shootout win over the Flyers on Nov. 19.
Flyers Scratches: Sean Couturier (injury), Tanner Laczynski (injury), Zack MacEwen (injury), Travis Konecny (injury), Felix Sandstrom (healthy), Kieffer Bellows (healthy)
Canadiens Scratches: Arber Xhekaj (injury), Cole Caufield (injury), Juraj Slafkovsky (injury), Jake Evans (injury), Paul Byron (injury), Brendan Gallagher (injury), Kaiden Guhle (injury), Sean Monahan (injury), Joel Edmundson (injury), Kirby Dach (injury), Joel Armia (injury), Chris Wideman (injury)
- Flyers: Kieffer Bellows comes out of the lineup and Justin Braun will play. There is still no update on Travis Konecny, but he will not play on Friday.
- Canadiens: Chris Tierney was claimed off waivers on Thursday and will play. There is a chance that Kaiden Guhle could play.
- Power Play: Flyers (32nd), Canadiens (28th)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (21st), Canadiens (28th)
- Recent History vs. Canadiens
- Nov. 19, 2022 - Canadiens 5, Flyers 4 (F/SO) (at MTL)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Canadiens
- James van Riemsdyk: 42 GP, 18 G, 12 A, 30 P
- Kevin Hayes: 22 GP, 4 G, 7 A, 11 P
- Ivan Provorov: 16 GP, 3 G, 3 A, 6 P
- Carter Hart: 7 GP, 2-2-3, 2.99 GAA, .910 SV%
- Milestone Watch
- Travis Sanheim needs one assist to reach 100 for his career.
- Justin Braun needs two points to reach 200 for his career.
Where to Watch
- TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network
Kevin Durso is Flyers insider for 97.3 ESPN and Flyers editor for SportsTalkPhilly.com. Follow him on Twitter @Kevin_Durso.
Philadelphia Flyers Uniforms Through The Years