Northfield Golfer Wins $100,000 In Tournament
Congrats! That's a lot of moolah!
This past Tuesday golfer Mark Parson of Northfield took part in the Harvard Philadelphia PGA Classic and scored the top prize and a first place victory, a whopping $100,000.
The tournament was held in Plymouth Meeting, PA, at the Sunnybrook Golf Club.
According to Philly.com, it is the largest payout for any PGA sectional tournament in the country.
Parson birdied the three of the last four holes and beat out 150 other golfers. He earned his first place victory by beating out Bret Meldon of Radley Run, Brian Bergatol of Shawnee, and Corey McAlarney of Squires by two shots.
Mark Parson shot a 5-under-par 67 to win. He teaches at Harbor Pines Golf Club in Egg Harbor Township.
Other South Jersey participants were:
- Dean Halterman from Galloway National Golf Club, tied 18th with a 1-over-par 73
- Jeff Bonicky from Linwood Country Club was one stroke behind 74
- John Appleget from Shore Club (76)
- Billy Hoerr from Atlantic City (78)
- Barry Dear from Twisted Dune (82)
Congrats to all participants!