[PODCAST] Sportsbash ON DEMAND Tuesday May 8 2012
Did you miss the Sports Bash or do you just want to listen to it again?
The Sports Bash ON DEMAND gives you the chance to go back and hear what you missed. Its the Sports Bash with Mike Gill and Todd Ranck.
Here is today’s show: Tuesday May 8th, 2012.
Mike Gill fires off at Phillies
Today's "Sportsbash" began with Mike Gill firing off at the Phillies effort last night and their effort overall. He said that "you cant lose a game to the New York Mets when Roy Halladay is pitching." Halladay was 9-0 vs. the Mets until last night. Mike went on to say that if you are going to have Freddy Galvis up at the major leagues, play him everyday and not sit him in favor of Pete Orr.
Who's to blame?
Mike Gill now wonders as to who is to blame for this slow start to the season. He points to Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, Jr. for not getting the right players on the field while Ryan Howard and Chase Utley are out with injuries. He also recollects on failed transactions Amaro has made in his short time as GM: trading Cliff Lee the first time, signing Cliff Lee as a free agent and not trading Domonic Brown for Roy Halladay. Mike worries that the Washington Nationals are one or two seasons early and are here for the long haul.
1. BUY OR SELL Jim Leyland saying Cole Hamels deserves a 15-game suspension?
2. BUY OR SELL a Andrej Mezaros return helping the Flyers tonight?
3. BUY OR SELL Cole Hamels as "tough?"
4. BUY OR SELL Monday Night Raw last night?
Mike opens up the 4:00 hour with not much confidence in the Flyers beating the Devils tonight. He said there's not much the Flyers can look to improve on the last 3 games as they have gotten their "butts kicked in all facets." The only thing Mike looked at as a positive is the team rallying around the suspended Claude Giroux and playing for him. Both Mike Gill and Ryan Messick wonder as to what the NHL thinks of a player like Claude Giroux saying he wouldn't be suspended if he was thought of as a superstar.
Its time for Top Tweets brought to you by The NEW Mercedes-Benz of Atlantic City, visit their website. What are the people saying about Cole Hamels? How confident are fans for tonight's Flyers Game 5? It's all in Top Tweets!
Bulls perspective with ESPN 1000
Our good buddy Nick Friedell, Chicago Bulls reporter from ESPN Radio 1000 called in at 5:05 to preview Game 5. Right at the start of the interview, Friedell calls the Bulls "emotionally broken and it goes back to Derrick Rose tearing his ACL in Game 2." Friedell also said that Bulls Head Coach Tom Thibodeau is taking heat for allowing an injured Joakim Noah back on the court in Game 3. Nick Friedell covers the Bulls for ESPN 1000 and ESPN Chicago. Follow him on Twitter.
1. Who is the best 40+ athlete you have ever seen?
2. Should the Phillies have just kept Jayson Werth?
3. Mens Health ranked the “smuttiest” cities in America, based on their consumption of adult movies. One city in our listening area is top 5, can you guess it?
4. The Sixers lead 3-1, the Flyers trail 3-1… Which series would have a bigger swing if the trailing team wins tonight?
5. First goal, game winner in tonight's Flyers game?
Pete Giordano is the producer of "The Sportsbash," e-mail him: email@example.com