Flyers-Blue Jackets Preview: Going Streaking
Sunday's game at Wells Fargo Center will be a unique matchup for the Flyers. After four games against teams that all got the better of them early in the season, they will face the team they opened the 2023-24 season against with a win.
The Flyers current four-game winning streak began one game after a loss to the San Jose Sharks, who had lost their first 11 games of the season. Now, the Flyers welcome in the Columbus Blue Jackets, who have lost eight straight games entering Sunday.
Game time is 5:30 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||GP||G||A||P||Columbus Blue Jackets||GP||G||A||P|
|Travis Sanheim||17||2||14||16||Zach Werenski||16||1||10||11|
|Travis Konecny||17||10||4||14||Ivan Provorov||18||1||10||11|
|Cam Atkinson||17||8||5||13||Boone Jenner||18||7||3||10|
|Owen Tippett||17||7||6||13||Kirill Marchenko||16||4||5||9|
|Sean Couturier||15||4||9||13||Adam Fantilli||18||4||5||9|
Owen Tippett remained on a hot streak on Saturday. He scored for the fourth straight game, picking up his fifth goal in that time. He also has eight career goals against the Blue Jackets in 16 games.
Boone Jenner snapped a four-game points drought with an assist in Saturday's loss to Washington. Since opening the season with seven goals in 13 games, he has gone the last five games without a goal. He does have 13 career goals in 31 games against the Flyers.
Sam Ersson is expected to start for the Flyers. Ersson made 35 saves on 38 shots in his last start against Anaheim last Friday, picking up his second win of the season. In his last three starts, Ersson has two wins and has allowed six goals on 79 shots, a .924 save percentage.
Spencer Martin is expected to get the start for Columbus. Martin's last start was last Saturday, allowing five goals on 28 shots in a loss to the Detroit Red Wings. Martin's last and only win of the season came on Oct. 20, making 36 saves on 37 shots against Calgary.
Flyers Scratches: Felix Sandstrom (injury), Rasmus Ristolainen (injury), Marc Staal (healthy), Bobby Brink (healthy)
Blue Jackets Scratches: Jack Roslovic (injury), Daniil Tarasov (injury), Trey Fix-Wolansky (healthy), Adam Boqvist (healthy), Andrew Peeke (healthy)
- Flyers: With the back-to-back, it's possible that Marc Staal could return to action. He was cleared to play as of Friday, but did not return on Saturday. If Staal returns, expect Egor Zamula to exit the lineup. There's also a chance Bobby Brink could re-enter the lineup if the Flyers are looking to add fresh legs.
- Blue Jackets: No changes are expected to the Columbus lineup after Saturday's game.
- Power Play: Flyers (10.5% - 29th), Blue Jackets (10.7% - 28th)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (80.0% - 14th), Blue Jackets (88.2% - 4th)
- Recent History vs. Blue Jackets
- Oct. 12, 2023: Flyers 4, Blue Jackets 2 (at CBJ)
- Flyers Leaders vs. Blue Jackets
- Travis Konecny: 23 GP, 12 G, 15 A, 27 P
- Sean Couturier: 31 GP, 9 G, 11 A, 20 P
- Travis Sanheim: 18 GP, 4 G, 6 A, 10 P
- Owen Tippett: 16 GP, 8 G, 2 A, 10 P
- Carter Hart: 9 GP, 4-4-1, 2.89 GAA, .901 SV%
- Milestone Watch
- Nick Deslauriers also needs one assist to reach 100 for his career.
Where to Watch
- TV: NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Radio: Flyers Broadcast Network
Kevin Durso is Flyers insider for 97.3 ESPN. Follow him on social media @Kevin_Durso.
Philadelphia Flyers Uniforms Through The Years