Sports Bash Saturday REWIND (Feb. 22): LeBron A Possibility For Sixers, Ratting Out Draft Picks A Big Problem For Phillies
Here's what you missed on the Sports Bash Saturday with Matt Hammond on Feb. 22:
-- Stop fighting it: LeBron, big time free agents, a possibility for Sixers.
-- Phillies ratting out Oklahoma State's Ben Wetzler to NCAA is a big problem.
-- Ray Rice domestic violence incident feels like the kind you can't explain away.
-- Key to social media is only valuing opinions that matter.
-- Sixers armful of second round picks not a little thing. It matters.
-- Phillies should take notice of what Sixers are doing: rebuilding.
The Roundup 12:45 p.m.
(1) NFL next season may flag teams 15 yards for use of slurs.
(2) Browns nearly pulled off trade for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.
(3) LeBron James suffered broken nose against Thunder.
-- Fans say they like honesty. Jonathan Papelbon's a perfect example they don't.
-- Element of video makes Ray Rice incident much tougher to stomach.
Scrapple 1:15 p.m.
(1) Phillies issue statement on Ben Wetzler situation.
(2) Thad Young last night: 30 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 steals.
(3) Eagles reportedly prefer Jeremy Maclin over Riley Cooper.
(4) Carlos Ruiz gets MLB exemption to use Adderall.
(5) Danny Granger reportedly "pissed" about trade to Sixers.
-- We know Sixers are the best fit for LeBron. But does he know?
-- Nerlens Noel isn't a make or break part of Sixers future. Only a bonus.
Sick Sound 1:45 p.m.
-- Matt Lauer gives us last Bob Costas "pink eye" joke of Olympics.
-- Announcer in Serena Williams match asks Jelena Jankovic to "shut up."