While the Sixers were the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, they could always use more talent and will have the ability to add that in the upcoming 2021 NBA Dradt.

CBS’ Matt Norlander projects the Sixers to select Virginia's Trey Murphy III as the 28th overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft.

97.3 ESPN logo
Get our free mobile app

Murphy, listed at 6-9 and 206 lbs, is one of two NCAA players to shoot 50/40/90 last season, making at least 50% of his total field goals, 40% of 3-point attempts and 90% of free throws.

Murphy was one of only two players to shoot 50/40/90 last season. For the uninitiated, that's the coveted club of players that make at least 50% of their total field goals, 40% of 3-point attempts and 90% of free throws. I have to put a top-30 assessment on a player like that, all the more when you factor in his length and perimeter defense proficiency. This is a good draft night story.

During his collegiate career at first Rice and then Virginia, he averaged 11.0 points per game along with his 3.8 rebounds, shooting 40% from 3-point range and 92% from the free-throw line.

He is a solid defender with a seven-foot wingspan who could help on that end of the floor right away.

Murphy's size and shooting ability make him an intriguing target for the Sixers to consider late in the first round and could settle in as a stretch-four at the NBA level.

9 New Jersey Food Staples You Couldn't Live Without After Moving Away

Would really miss NJ's food THAT badly if you were to move out of state? The answer to that question is a hard 'yes'. Yes, you would. Especially these nine items that aren't as good anywhere else.

More From 97.3 ESPN